Balances a high energy grain ration when mixed with oats or other grains.
- Covers all physiological classifications, including when the energy requirement is moderate to high for growth, lactation, gestation and breeding.
Can also balance the diet of horses on pasture and hay with no grain, such as in the case of:
- Mature horses or barren mares in which excess weight is undesirable but vitamin and mineral intake is of concern.
- Overweight horses in which weight reduction (via dry lot) would result in insufficient intake of vitamins and minerals.
- Horses on restricted activity (i.e., stall bound) due to injury or lack of space/pasture.
- Young horses on restricted energy intake due to bone development problems such as osteochondritis dissecans (OCD) and physitis (epiphysitis).
- Horses on restricted energy intake as recommended for problems such as laminitis and equine protozoal myeloencephalitis (EPM).
Balances grain rations for horses requiring travel.
When it is not economical to ship all feed necessary during times of travel, energy grains such as oats can be purchased locally and balanced with M30®.